Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Whew!

Well, the past few days have been extraordinarily busy. Jen gave a good recap on the weekend, so I’ll spare you a total recap, except for Sunday.

 

Sunday I woke up at 6AM so that I could meet up with folks and head down to Lexington for testing. We got down to the dojo early, which was nice. I got to talk to a few of the other students from other parts of the country. We had people there from all over Kentucky, as well as New York and Washington D. C.. Grandmaster Sin The’ arrived fashionably late as always, and things got under way. Now most of the people there were lower belts, so there was a good deal of time where I could do nothing but sit there and wait, which is always great for building anxiety. I finally got called up, and I got through all of my material just fine.

 

Next was sparring. As always, I sparred with Brian. Now, we were going just a bit harder than we should have been, and the funniest thing happened. I blocked a kick of his, and somehow I hit just right to rip his pants leg open. From groin to knee J. The black belts all started giggling, which was great.

 

Regardless everything went fine, and I am now a 3rd degree brown belt! Now the fun really starts with class, as things get a lot more difficult!

 

 

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I thought the rip was funny and I wasn't even there!

Martha said...

what does a third degree brown belt mean? and a green belt?

Karen said...

congrats on passing! i knew you would!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

It's a degree of rank within our system. You start at white belt, so it goes like this:

white
yellow
blue
green
3rd brown
2nd brown
1st brown
1st black
2nd black
etc......

Viki said...

Congrats on advancing - the pants ripping thing is hysterical!