Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend Weddings

Jen and I visited the rustic Vicennes, IN this past weekend for a wedding for a pair of her Chicago friends. The ceremony was small, and they did a few pretty neat things. They had a sand ceremony, which was pretty neat. Jen and I are thinking about doing something similar at ours now. (They already said they’d be ok if we copied them ;) ). The weekend was low key in general, and some good time together for us.

 

The best part of the whole weekend for me honestly was the drive there and back. I love to drive. We took Route 50 there and back. For those of you used to traveling by Interstate, there is something so much more appealing about taking the old national routes around the country. You see so much more country, so much more EVERYTHING. Even with the drought, the route was absolutely gorgeous.

 

Anyways, here’s to another hot week ahead!

 

 

1 comment:

Finlands finest said...

I am glad that you enjoyed the drive. I'm surprised you didn't say the best part of your weekend was seeing me drunk, since you wish I would do that more often. ;)