Monday, April 16, 2007

Vindication!!!!

I hate telling people “I told you so”, but today I get to do that in a big way.

 

3 years ago at this point, a friend of mine started dating a woman who was just no good. She was married, not positive about getting divorced, etc. I said, at the time, that this was trouble. I was told that I was too sensitive to everything after my divorce, and I didn’t know what I was talking about.

 

So this went on for 2 years, and my friend really, really got hurt. Things never progressed the way he wanted them to. He poured out his love and devotion to this woman, and she never really returned it, but she kept him hanging on. He got absolutely crushed. And yet he kept going back for more, wouldn’t listen to any of his friends, etc.

 

He finally broke things off in a way, but never really gave up on her either. She supposedly was getting back together with her husband, but they talked and what not. I don’t know too many details about that time period because I removed myself from that situation.

 

Anyways, Friday he finds out that not only did she not get back with her husband, she’s now dating one of our other friends from gaming days. One that we used to be good friends with. (Well, not anymore, eh?)

 

Complete bitch.

 

And damn it, I told you so!

 

The positive part is that hopefully my friend will finally move on and be happy.

 

 

4 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Lets keep our fingers crossed that he does move on and find someone who can make him happy,

Karen said...

well, glad to hear he's out of the relationship and moving on. does not sound like a fun place to be in any respect!

Viki said...

Seems very appropriate given the color of your aura. :-)

I do hope your friend is able to put this all behind him and really move on...

Karen said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!!! (See my blog for details)