Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday

What a long week! After working part of last weekend, and just being generally busy, I actually turned in over 50 billable hours this week. On top of that, I went to the dojo for 2 hours on Sunday, 3 hours Monday, 2 and half Wednesday, and 2 last night. So you can see why it's been hard for me to find time to post :).

Here is one of my all time favorite links:



These pictures have a very nearly physical pull on me. They represent the future, albeit a much farther distant future for us than I would like. Spending time looking at these really makes me wonder. And this is the major point of what I wonder.....

This planet should be our springboard to populate the places in these pictures. That means many things. It means sustaining the environment here to learn how to coexist with new places we find. It means learning to exist as one people, rather than separate countries. It means a truly global economy.

We are this one, infinitesimally small point of light in the great darkness. If we can overcome these internal struggles as a whole, we can spread it. Otherwise.....

2 comments:

Finlands finest said...

It means sustaining the environment here to learn how to coexist with new places we find.

Your foresite is amazing. I think you hit it with this statement. Now we just need to figure this out!!

Karen said...

welcome back!!

i liked your pics - you've sent me some from that site before. i smiled when i read of your physical reaction - that's so you!