Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Thoughts

A few thoughts for today:


If had to do my job for another 20 years, or 30 years, I do believe I would kill myself first. It's simply not worth it.

I get tired of people asking the same damn questions every day. AFTER I write the instructions down for them and tape them to the monitor so that they can look at them. But they don't want to look at them, and have told me they don't want to look at them, they'd rather call!

I get tired of listening to parents complain about allergies, or cuts and bruises, or hurt feelings, or whatever, and making it sound like their child is the most put upon child on the planet. How the hell did any of us get here? Did nobody but me ever fall off their bike when they were little and skin their knee? Did nobody else have horrible allergies? I sure did, and I was told to get back out there, get back on, stop sniffling and blow my nose. You know what? My allergies are nearly gone, I've learned to play through pain, and I've learned that a little blood is good for you sometimes. And I've learned the real world is a harsh place, no matter what some people would have you believe. And it always will be, and the sooner you get used to that, the happier you will ultimately be. Otherwise, you are in for a lifetime of disappointment.

I AM tired of people not helping themselves. When did we become a country of helpless idiots? What happened to the people pulling themselves up by their bootstraps with a nickel to their name? The only people willing to work that hard nowadays don't start here in the US, they come here from other countries. And they make US look bad.

I AM tired of people assuming that they know me, they know my type, or they know what I want. It's really simple: ASK!

4 comments:

Viki said...

AMEN! or whatever your equivalent is...

Karen said...

ha to viki!

Tom, i agree with you on lots of points - especially the one about many immigrants making us look bad.

Finlands finest said...

I think it is time for you to consider switching careers...

Martha said...

I'm curious if the comment is about legal or illegal immigrants? I only bring that up b/c illegal immigrants get forced into situations they don't necessarily want to do (including working THAT HARD) yet feel they have no other viable option....at least that was common frustrations amongst many illegals in a restaurant I used to work.