Thursday, July 26, 2007

Laughter

I have forgotten how to laugh.

 

I have forgotten what it is to have a good time.

 

I have forgotten what it is like to be carefree.

 

I have forgotten how to smile most of the time.

 

I get frustrated with happy people for not taking things more seriously.

 

I find fault with movies, books, conversations, and people that don’t live in what I call the real world, that don’t have plots with serious themes, that don’t have some type of point.

 

I can’t take a joke, no matter how small. I take offense instead.

 

I have forgotten how to look at things with wonder, and instead only see the pale reflection of envy because I cannot.

 

I have forgotten how to see the world in splendor, and instead see darkness and ashes.  

 

I have forgotten how to ask for help to change this.

2 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Are you happy with who you are? Do you want help to change that?

Unknown said...

Being happy doesn't mean you don't take things seriously. I think most people dwell on things too much, and don't know how to back off and realize, there are bigger problems in the world. Being able to look at a problem light heartedly is not always a problem. If you refuse to address the problem and only joke of it, then that is a problem. It's not always easy to tell the difference, as people mistake that about me all the time.