Friday, July 06, 2007

Random thoughts

A few random thoughts for your Friday:

 

 

The Creation Museum:   http://www.creationmuseum.org/   Now this has got to be one of the asinine things I’ve seen in a long time. A museum based on opinion. You’re joking right? Not only are they not joking, this lovely farce exists in the only place it logically could…….near Cincinnati. Anyone feel like a day trip to laugh at the idiots?

 

 

Transformers was a lot of fun on the 4th. I really liked what they did with it. It’s worth paying to go see. Even Jen had fun watching….

 

 

I am actually close to being able to do the splits, at  least front ways. Straddle, not so much………..

 

 

I learned how to break boards with an underhand strike called an ox tongue break.

 

 

Every major news media outlet has been reporting about the excessive heat out west……….   Here’s my two cents, having lived there for two years……..  IT’S THE FRICKING DESERT, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?   It’s like moving to Antartica and then complaining that it’s cold. Why the hell is this front page news for every national group?

 

 

Anyways, have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I wanna see you do the splits!!

Karen said...

i could not agree more with the heat comments or the creation museum! waht the !(*#*

Anonymous said...

FYI: the entire West is not actually a "fricking desert". Some places that average in the 70's are getting into the 90's and 100's.

What IS the difference between people complaining about the heat in cooler climates and people complaining about people complaing about the heat in cooler climates? Either way, people are COMPLAINING, spreading negative energy, and not offering any suggestions to improve the situation.

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

My complaint comes from a local newscast that focused on Las Vegas, which IS in the desert, and these temperatures aren't any further above normal for them at this time of year than ours are right now. I lived in Tucson, and I had my share of 113, 117, 120 degree days. The people that live there don't make a big deal about it, they deal with it.

There are so many other things going on the world that are actually newsworthy, yet the major outlets all waste time and money on reporting "Hey, the desert is hot in the summer right now folks." I guess that was really my point.

And my suggestion? For people to stop watching the drivel that gets put across as news. Then maybe the media outlets will stop finding stories to broadcast, and actually start reporting responsible and useful news.

But I honestly doubt that..........

Martha said...

The heat itself hasn't so much been on the news here, except for it's going to reach 100 again this week in Portland (we're not the desert and AC is not that common. That sort of heat IS a big deal b/c people need to ensure they stay safe and check on their loved ones, too.). The only mention of "excessive heat" around here has been when discussing all the forest fires..what caused them, how it's not helping fire fighters contain them, and how many people have died due to them.
I guess that's why I jumped all over you b/c it's not so much the heat, as it is people's lives. I didn't mean to be so negative, I'm sorry.