Monday, May 12, 2008

Sometimes

Sometimes, I want to stand up and shout “I am here” to a world that mostly doesn’t seem to notice my existence.

 

Sometimes, I take the long way home just because.

 

Sometimes, the sun doesn’t seem very bright or very warm.

 

Sometimes, I think my cats are smarter than I am.

 

Sometimes, I wonder why things play out the way that they do.

 

Sometimes, I get lost in my own thoughts for hours, like yesterday.

 

Sometimes, I wonder why I am so different from most people I know, and why I just can’t get into the “normal” things they are into.

 

Sometimes, I wonder if this is all a supreme cosmic joke.

 

Sometimes, I feel like I am in on that joke.

 

Sometimes, I feel like I am the butt of that joke.

1 comment:

Finlands finest said...

I know you exist!

We do have smart cats....

I have been known to get lost in my thoughts for hours as well. Sometimes I don't sleep a whole night or work a whole day. :)

You aren't normal-why try to be. I am not normal--gave up on that a looooong time ago. :)

I have often thought God was laughing at me. Maybe he is right now, who knows.