Thursday, November 16, 2006

Tired

So, I’m frickin beat today.

 

I got at 6:30AM Tuesday morning, went to my meeting, and then proceeded to get caught in a day from hell. First call went fine, then I had to pick up a bunch of equipment from various vendors around town, which was time consuming but fine. Then I got sent to a customer I don’t really care for. I fixed the initial problem in less than 10 minutes, at which point the customer told me they no longer wished to use the program, and had bought a new one. The new program didn’t work with her hardware, and forced me to uninstall the old program went I put it in. So, new program doesn’t work, so I try to reload old program. Won’t happen. Something is hosed in the registry, and the damn thing won’t load. Recommended fix from manufacturer? Reload Windows. Argh. So, this 10 minute call takes me 3 hours. Which makes me late for my project.

 

Project doesn’t get started until 5PM, can’t take servers down during the day. The project work goes pretty well, and I get the servers and networking equipment moved to where I want them around 9PM. During this time period, I get a panicked call from one of my other customers. Server problems. I get in remotely, apply a temporary fix, finish the project. I then run home so I can remote into this other customer. Long story short, I work on the other customer until 8AM Wednesday morning. Nightmare, just one problem after another.

 

I finally get it going, and I have to go straight from there to my first customer on Wednesday. Another project. I spend all day working on this project. My passenger tire is low, so I head to the gas station at lunch to fill it up. Everything looks ok, so I work on the project during the afternoon. On my way home, on 71S near Fields Ertel, I get a flat tire. So, I have to change a tire on 71, in the rain, when it’s 43 degrees outside. By the time I’m done, I’m soaked and freezing. I finally get home, get changed and go to the dojo.

 

I was in a daze most of class, too tired to concentrate fully.  I got home and pretty much get passed out.

 

I’m really feeling the effects today, very, very tired.

4 comments:

Karen said...

that is absolutely horrible. why are you even at work today!?!?!?

Viki said...

Yeah, go home and get some sleep!

Mamma Sarah said...

How terrible. Don't get sick! Take care of yourself and get some sleep!

Finlands finest said...

I love you baby!!! Rest up for me!!!