Monday, September 18, 2006

One Full Birthday

Well, yesterday was one full birthday……….

 

I woke up tired from the full day on Saturday. Jen and I had a pleasant morning together being with one another. Then, Greg came over and we went to the Bengals game, which was a very nice present from Greg, while Jen went to her girls lunch. We parked in NKY and walked across the suspension bridge to get to the game, which was right up my alley. The game was wonderful, if a bit hot. I got quite a bit of sun. Once we got back from the game, Jen and I had dinner with my parents and grandparents. Jen left from the restaurant to head back to Chicago, got to the other side of town and realized she was too tired to make it. She ended up coming back to my house for the evening and leaving this morning. In the meantime, Rachel had called to come hang out during the evening. So the three of us did a whole lot of nothing, which was great.

 

Oh, as a surprise, Jen hid 7 different little letters throughout my house for me to find for my birthday. Each said something different that she loved about me or about us. It was a very thoughtful surprise, and one that I enjoyed thoroughly. Thanks Jen.

 

 

 

Lastly, everyone wants to make a big deal about 30. I don’t get it. I feel stronger and more capable now than I ever have in my life. I can do more now in any area of my life than I have ever been able to do in the past. What exactly is wrong with that, and why am I supposed to feel old?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turning 30 is just a momentous year....kinda like 21 except it is supposed to be less fun because you are supposed to feel older (your just wierd and not feeling older).

I'm glad you had a great birthday!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

thirty is a big deal... means you're officially an adult and can't go back! ha!

karen

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Tom! I will be there next April!!!

You new Sis in Law
Nikki