Monday, September 11, 2006

Rainy Weekend

So, I went to Chicago this weekend to see Jen. Talk about lousy weather! It was cold and rainy all weekend long!

 

Jen surprised me on Saturday for my birthday. She took us to a place called Heavenly Massage, and we got a couples massage. 60 minute massage together in the same room, then the special thing about this place is after the massage. You get your own little bathroom to go to. This bathroom has a HUGE shower stall with a steam attachment installed. So, you get the massage, then you can relax in a steam bath as long as you want, then take a shower to get refreshed. It was great, and they let us share the same shower, which was even better. Having never shelled out the money for a professional massage before, it was fantastic. I’d sign up for some monthly thing here in Cinci if I could find a massage parlor that has the steam bath/shower thing at the end. (I’d almost pay the massage rates just for that if you want the truth….)

 

Saturday made Sunday standing in the rain watching her soccer game ALMOST worth it (j/k, I was with Jen, it was worth it.)

 

We had a pretty significant fight on Sunday after her game. This is becoming distressingly common. I’ll chalk some of it up to the fact that we have to part ways every weekend, and it wears on both of us. Neither of us wants to be apart from the other, but we have no choice in the matter currently. I’m sure that’s most of it.

 

Regardless, we always seem to make up in the end, and neither of us lets things linger after we are done arguing, so that part’s good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled you liked my surprise. It is something I have wanted to share with you for awhile.

I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

When we were in Naples I realized that I would pick fights with Trey if he was going on a longer trip with the band (more than 2 nights). Even after I figured out what I was doing, though, it was really hard to stop doing it.

Viki

Anonymous said...

It is really stressful not being able to be with Tom every week.

I am glad that neither of us let the fights linger....