Monday, December 04, 2006

Thoughts

A few thoughts for today:

 

 

Perhaps I am over sensitive, but it seems to me that the closer that Christmas gets, the ruder people get. Everyone feels like they are entitled to something or other, and they don’t hesitate to let you know that. It’s simple things, like other drivers behaving badly, people running to get through the door to a store or restaurant before you do (you know, they might run out or something), for even just everyday language. In the season of giving and kindness, I find those things get shorter in supply the closer the 25th gets.

 

I think that’s about it right now. I had some other things to say, but I can’t think of how to put what I want to say.

 

8 comments:

Karen said...

people get ruder the more time goes on. i don't think that will get better on the 26th unfortunately

Jessica said...

I completely agree!

Viki said...

I was at an Aveda store on Saturday, and witnessed a woman giving a cashier a very hard time because they'd run out of a .5 oz free sample the woman had gotten a post card about. This woman was relentless, and threatened to never shop at the store again, and to tell all of her friends never to shop there again. Her post card wasn't even for that particular Aveda store.

After she left I told the cashier that I hoped she didn't have any folks like that anymore. She said it's like this every year - that people get crazy about mid-November.

Finlands finest said...

I wish all of us nice people would off-set all the not-so-nice people...

Sarah said...

I totally agree with this as well, and every year it seems to start earlier and get worse as the holidays approach.

Martha said...

I'm amused. This past Saturday at my restaurant we were ran out of several things (almost never happens, we usually prep enough for our shift and most of the next day's lunch), let alone for many things to be 86ed) and were running low on EVERYTHING else. And that was prior to Sunday, which very little gets delivered. So it COULD have paid to run in quickly to order first! (why am I giving the crazy people an argument? Maybe I am the evil being Jen dreamed up)

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mamma Sarah said...

AMEN! It only gets worse until people can come out of hibernation (spring).