Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Yeowch

I was right, therapy was fun this morning. Very painful, but the therapist wasn't unhappy with where I'm at right now. I'm still a little disappointed that it's not progressing faster, but there isn't anything I can do about that. Pushing too hard will be a very bad thing.


So I find myself wondering where my sense of humor has gone. I very rarely bring it out anymore, and I find myself increasingly unable to take even a modicum of kidding around. I have had a tendency to speak only when I feel it's important the past two weeks or so.

The worst part about this is that I really don't have a problem with it. I feel like everyone wants to bullshit and no one wants to stand up and take responsibility for anything. This is mostly in my outside life, but there are pieces at work as well. It's really nice to have a work environment that is easy going and likes to joke around, but that's frustrating when you are actually trying to get help with something.

Again, this is mostly in my personal, outside life. I'm sure some of this is pent-up frustration with the recovery from surgery, but not all of it is. It goes back to being on a different level than everyone else around me I think. There is so much work to be done on so many different levels in my life right now, and I feel like I'm just getting started. I'm really looking forward to growing this summer, really pushing myself in a few directions.

2 comments:

Karen said...

i like the fact that your subject lines are all weird noises rather than actual traditional titles ... :P

Karen said...

i like the fact that your subject lines are all weird noises rather than actual traditional titles ... :P