Thursday, August 17, 2006

Frustrations

Ok, so right now I’m really frustrated by a few things.

 

 

I have a few friends that continually bitch about their lives. There is no positive, only negative. And yet when I ask what they are doing to try to make things better, they have a thousand excuses as to why they aren’t doing a damn thing. These people are lost, and I’m tired of playing pathfinder for them. I’m done coddling idiots that can’t get off their asses. I will help anyone change their life for the better, even if that means I need to get out of their life, but I cannot stand people who complain but won’t change. No one’s life gets better waiting for something to happen. For my part, I finally decided to do something with my life, and within 6 months I met Jen, who has changed my life in ways I can’t even begin to explain yet. I don’t believe in coincidences.

 

I feel like I’m spinning my wheels a lot at work. We have so much unrealized potential it’s ridiculous. And we can’t even begin to capitalize on it because we don’t have the manpower. And we aren’t moving quick enough to hire someone new because everyone is busy trying to keep up with the work we have. I just don’t understand how that isn’t incentive enough to get a new person in here.

 

I am sick and tired of listening to people complain about this political party, or that political party, or that candidate, or that senator. Why can’t the sheep out there understand that they are all the same thing? Both parties take contributions from the same damn people. The money all comes from the same place, no matter what letter is after their titles. And that’s what politics in this country is all about anyway, money. Money and power. Not one of the folks in DC is in it for you and me. And yet if you DARE say something good about the president, or bad about the president, or whatever, complete strangers won’t hesitate to call you all sorts of names these days.  ------------- This is democracy? No, I don’t think so. This is some stupid, bastardized, media controlled bullshit that is fed to the public. And they buy it hook, line, and sinker.

 

 

Ergh, sorry for the negative post, rough start to bad day already.

 

I hope everyone else has a better one!

 

 

 

4 comments:

Finlands finest said...

If you are helping someone change for the better, is it their better or what you percieve is their better??

I will make your day brighter tonight with a nice dinner!!! :) I love you!

Karen said...

take a shot

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

That's a good question Jen, and I struggle with that daily. I like to at least think that it's something that will help them change for their better. I am aware that that's not always the case, though I think I do a good job distinguishing between the two.

Viki said...

You're not an idealist or anything, are you? I understand your frustration - I've felt the same way many times some of these and some other issues. I'm guessing you won't dwell on it, too long, though. I can't - that's when I start to go nuts!