Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Thoughts

So, a few thoughts for today.

 

Last night was ex-girlfriend night for dreaming. For once I remember a dream that wasn’t a nightmare! I saw almost all of my ex-girlfriends from the past, most notably absent was my ex-wife. The dream was mostly non-sexual, but it was very pleasant nonetheless. I woke up halfway refreshed for a change.

 

I’ve been reflecting a lot recently that all of my good friends are female. My closest male friend doesn’t get even half out of me what my female friends do. I’m not a typical guy in that respect, as I don’t enjoy what most would consider typical guy talk. I prefer more serious discussions for the most part, and I find that most guys simply don’t like to have those conversations. Or if they do, they aren’t willing to discuss a subject, they merely want to project their own opinion as forcefully as possible, making sure that you KNOW they are right and you are wrong. Call it being more civilized, more fair, whatever, but I find I enjoy talking to women a whole heck of a lot more than I do talking to men.

 

I am trying not to fall into a rut at work, and I’m finding that I’m not very successful at doing it. I’m consistently bored with what I am doing, and I find I just want to get the day done so I can start the interesting part of my life. I don’t know what to do about that.

 

 

I am finding myself thinking a lot about the Robert Heinlein book “Friday” recently. Very interesting social commentary on relationships, both sexual and non-sexual, and what makes people happy, along with a darn good conspiracy story in the process. I like the book a lot, and it keeps popping up in my head.

 

I want to see “A Scanner Darkly” soon. It’s playing at the Esquire here in Cinci, very limited release elsewhere. It’s based on one of my favorite stories by Philip K. Dick, a story by the same name. I’m interested to find out what they had to change. The story is about addiction and split personalities, and somewhat chronicles some of the struggles that the author went through in his own life. The movie has Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey Jr., Winona Ryder, and Woody Harrelson in it. Looks fascinating.

 

 

 

 

That’s all for now. I may write more later depending on how the day goes.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Karen said...

much can be read into this blog... we'll have to discuss.

hooray for women!

Finlands finest said...

I agree much can be read into this blog.....

Work can be a rut. Hopefully, I keep your life interesting enough that you don't mind the rut...heck one day you maybe happy for it heheh

Movie sounds good....can we see it together???