Saturday, February 18, 2006

Fascination Street

Heh, heard that Cure song earlier today, and I'd say it adequately describes my mindset at the moment.

So last night I went to a party thrown by one of the guys that attends the dojo I started going to. It appears they do this on a frequent basis, which is cool. The age range is odd at first, with some as young as 21, and others as old as earlier 40's. However, everyone is very comfortable around one another, and the dynamic was good. There was also a LOT of alcohol involved in the evening, and that always helps.

To make things better, a woman I've kinda had an eye on was there. (Karen, ask Jim what he thinks about Jen from the dojo. He'll know who you are talking about. ) She's in her late 30's, very long red hair. She has some interesting tatoos, and she's an artist by trade. I talked with her for a good portion of the evening, and I found the conversation fascinating. I've found my eye seems to find her of it's own free will at times :). I don't quite know what to make of it honestly, but it's fun so far.

Of course it's way too early to think of it as anything than healthy infatuation, but I am going to enjoy trying to get to know her much better.

The whole group in general is going to be a lot of fun, and I've sorely been missing some fun recently.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Jim said this girl was pretty cute. Physically he called out her large breasts which apparently is a good thing. ; )

he also mentioned she dated one of the instructers for a year or so?

good luck and keep me posted - this is interesting!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

They are rather large indeed. I would consider this a good thing as well, though not a deal maker/breaker.

She dated Mike for a while. They actually lived together for a while. Now it's comical...... it's more a motherly thing. I'll tell you about it sometime, it really is funny.

You'll be the first to know if anything happens, I promise ;).