Sunday, February 05, 2006

Good Weekend

So it's been a great weekend so far.

Friday I went to Olive Garden with my brother and his wife to celebrate her birthday with her friends. Other than feeling really old (they are all around the 23-24 mark, and very new to the corporate world, etc..), the dinner was actually really good. It was nice to get out.

Saturday I worked around the house all day. I got a second coat of paint on my room, and I put up my SkyChair in my room after rearranging things. Don't know what a SkyChair is? Check it out.....
I have a green one that goes wonderfully with the color I painted my room (think eggplant), and I have the foot rest as well. I love it, it's a great reading chair. When I finally get a nice deck built outside, I'll have a spot out there to hang it from as well.

I also did some more serious work in the basement. I'm finally starting to get organized. I got most of my extra electronic crap put into one huge tupperware container. Once the roomates finally move out, I'll have time to go through everything. Until then, I've got to get stuff stored away. There is just too much crap in the house with them living here.

Last night we went to dinner with my parents. They wanted to take Darlene out for her birthday. Unbeknownst to my parents, Darlene invited her parents as well.....

Let's just say that the two families are really, really, really different. Besides the fact they live in a double-wide trailer, they are just completely different than us from a socio-economic, educational, and philisophical background. They are nice people overall, don't get me wrong. It's just really unfortunate Darlene didn't have more growing up, she could be so much more than she is now. Her dad is a gun buff, and he collects historical weapons (which is neat in my book, if still a bit weird). Her mom just had a baby of her own, which is about 2 or 3 months older than Chloe. Plus she has a son that's 17, and getting ready to get out of highschool. So that whole situation is just a really weird dynamic. But everything went very well, and I think everyone had a good time.


Not really planning on much for tonight. Although I usually attend some type of gathering, this year I've not been invited to any. Part of this of course relates to the decisions I've made since New Years, that have somewhat been chronicled here, and part of this is simply my wish to do something a little more simple this year. I will watch, Greg will probably come up to watch as well. Brian may be here, but he typically goes to his parents' place. I could do that as well, but I spent most of yesterday with my parents, so I probably won't. Regardless, I'm sure it will be a good enough time :).

No comments: