Wednesday, February 22, 2006

What am I getting myself into?

So I'm talking to one of the few people that I do some outside work for today, and they have some stuff they want me to do. So I start looking at my calendar, and holy crap!!!! I don't have any time for them for like 2 weeks!!

Now, I hate being booked out that way. I hate being unavailable for anyone, and I like to think that I can pick up whenever I want and go do something. It's one of the few advantages to being single and having a little bit of money.

I'm not sure how I overbooked myself this way, and it's seriously got my reconsidering doing side work. While it's nice to get a little extra money under the table, I've noticed that I've been really tired recently. I can tell not by being tired, but by the massive mood swings I've been having. I get sad to the point of tears about once a week, and it's usually in the morning on the way to work. This morning was one of those mornings, hence the earlier post about coherent thoughts.

Now, the stupid thing about this is that I had a wonderful dream last night. My current woman of interest was in it, and I think that's probably all the detail you need to figure it out. What's unusual about this is a) I never remember my dreams anymore b) it felt very different for one of my dreams.

To elaborate on B........ I used to believe that my dreams were small snippets of future happenings. These dreams were always different from normal dreams. The lighting is different, the smell is different, the sense of touch is different, everything. This dream felt this way. I remember being very content, mostly not doing anything other than having someone next to me in bed and talking. Hence the other odd thing about this dream for me. Most of my dreams are constant action of one type of another. Constant movement, changing scenery, etc. This one the scenery never changed. It was my room, though with a different bed than my current one. A warm breeze blew through the room, and I could hear the normal sounds from my neighborhood. I remember the lazy talking more than any other part of this dream.

I think the feeling of absolute contentment that went away shortly after I woke up triggered the emotional response this morning on the way to work. At least I hope it did, as I really don't want to go back on anti-depressants again.

1 comment:

Karen said...

i know we've talked about this before... i'm glad you blogged about that - should it come true you now have "evidence" that you saw it coming. I was thinking about that the other night - none of the dreams i tell ppl about ever end up happening but the other, more boring ones, cause me deja vu all the time!