Friday, February 17, 2006

Morning ponderings

Quick pondering entered from my phone.

Why do I feel like almost all of the people I know that have all the money they need don't deserve to have said money?

And the people that deserve an easier life and work so hard for it never have any money?

Does anybody really believe anymore that they can truly make a difference in the grand scheme of things? Are those that do believe that they can just fooling themselves, or are those that have given up trying to make a difference the fools?

1 comment:

Karen said...

you know, i was thinking about that not too long ago, myself. As one of the people who has enough money to do what i want (versus get me by), it continues to surprise me how many other people go without.

I try to think about why they are in that position and i'm in one that offers a good job, car, etc. Is it education? Is it motivation? Is it luck? Is it personality?

I think the bottomline is that it's all of those things. Perhaps people make the choice to do what they love instead of do what makes them a bunch of money. Perhaps people don't want to put the effort into something that'll take more time/skills but would benefit them.

It's funny though because you always hear that the "salt of the earth" people are the kindest souls and those are always the folks not living lavishly mostly because they don't have the means to.

I hope that those of us who are comfortable realize and appreciate that there are others who aren't. That's why J & I insist on giving to charity- we'd feel like assholes if we didn't use the opportunity to help others when we can.