Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thursday

Right, so this post isn’t about Jen. There are other things going on in my life too you know.

 

 

Today was my final day at a certain customer. I have worked for them in some capacity for around 4 years now.  They were told earlier in the week that today was my final day.

 

The whole thing was disappointingly anticlimactic. Not only was there no fuss made whatsoever, the important folk didn’t even say hello this morning. It was if I wasn’t even there.

 

I was expecting at the very least lots of questions regarding the network and what not. Or maybe some questions as to why I wasn’t coming back. Or maybe at least a goodbye.

 

But no, nothing.

 

Oddly enough, I’m somewhat down about that right now. Ok, not somewhat, a lot.

 

Again I make the mistake of confusing business with personal. I must remember that these people aren’t really friends.

 

 

It’s just sad to think of it that way. I’m good at what I do mostly because I take it personally.

 

 

If only everyone else did too……………

3 comments:

Karen said...

if everyone else did too everyone would be working on the weekends like you do or checking servers at 2:00am. LOVE the personal touch you give, but you often times give too much.

Sorry there was no hoopla - i understand why you're disappointed. :( have your woman hug you.

Finlands finest said...

That's not true....I am his life....

Anonymous said...

hooooold up the train... today was your last day??? here????????