Sunday, June 04, 2006

Book

So, I just finished another book. Pretty quick read, considering the amount of time I've had to read it, but very good I thought.

Fevre Dream, by George R.R. Martin.

It's a little difficult to pigeon hole as a horror book, but it does deal with vampires. It's set on the Mississippi in the 1850's, right at the height of the steamboat era. Not surprisingly, one of the leads is a steamboat captain. There is a very decent nature vs. nuture type argument kept up throughout the book. Martin can be very graphic in his descriptions, but it's not over the top here.

Considering his best known work is all fantasy based, and hardcore fantasy at that, this is a wonderful departure.

I recommend it.

4 comments:

Karen said...

big fan of vampires in general. add this to the "Tom Suggests to Karen" list

Finlands finest said...

I haven't read anything by him. I will have to check out some of his books.....What else do you recommend?

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»