Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sleep

I'm starting to wonder about sleep.

I swear as I get older I need less and less. I am now at the point that I average less than 6 hours a night. I normally fall asleep around 12:30, and even if I don't set my alarm, I wake up at 6.

At night my mind refuses to shut down. I can meditate, I can workout, I can read, I can do whatever else one may think of at bedtime, it doesn't matter. I simply cannot fall asleep.

In the morning, same thing. My mind is already racing by the time my eyes open. I'm already thinking about the day ahead and what needs to be done. I can turn off the alarm, I can keep the room dark, it doesn't matter. I'm awake, and I might as well get up.

I will say I don't remember having this problem when I'm dating someone.

I'm a big fan of lazy weekend days in bed with a significant other, especially when the weather's nice and sunny.

Would it not be ironic to wish to not be single anymore so that I could catch up on some sleep?

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

hahaha I've been saying lately that it is responsibility that has caused my sleep cycle change.

Ever since I began owning my own home (about 1.5 months) I haven't been able to sleep in on the weekends....I blame responsibility. :) I can no longer be a careless adult. hehe

Karen said...

oh my energetic, responsible friends!

Anonymous said...

I can definitely agree that being single causes you to loose sleep... I have gotten about 2-4 hours per night for over a week now. NOT FUN! Hope you're doing better than I am atleast!