Saturday, May 27, 2006

Counsel

Right, so my biggest concern right now, and this has been bugging me all week, is this question:


Who counsels the counselor?



Again and again I am faced with this, and I'm just not sure why. At this point, it has to be my fault. I am either picking friends very poorly, or I'm not letting them know I need to talk in any type of effective manner. If it's the former, I don't know what to do about that. If it's the latter, then I need someone to help me figure out how to communicate better, which is difficult if I can't communicate that to them in the first place.


I eventually work through things when left to my own devices, but it means days of being in a bad mood or just being depressed. The worse the problem is, the longer the time period necessary.

Maybe some of my poor mood the past few days is just being tired of feeling like the only person walking the path.

3 comments:

Viki said...

When you are the person everyone leans on, it can be very difficult to open up yourself. It's possible that this is due to some kind of flaw in communication skills, but it could also have something to do with how you subconsciously want others to perceive you - if you're the counselor and you seek another's counselor, will you be sought out for advice again or will you be seen as someone who's got problems just like the rest of us?

I've felt like this, too. Hope things get easier...

Finlands finest said...

Right now I am a counselor for multiple people. I think that for the most part, you have friends who share their problems with you, and then friends whom let you share your problems with them. I have found that few friendships support each other completely. Perhaps you should evaluate your friends and find the ones who you can share your trials with....they are probably not the ones bringing you theirs.

Here's an example, I take a lot of my problems to Karen because she is great at advice. Karen doesn't always bring her problems to me, I don't think it is at all because she doesn't think I could help, that just isn't my role in our friendship. My friend Kara brings me all of her problems, and I never take her mine, once again not because she couldn't help and she would love to help, she just isn't who I choose to go to....

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»