Friday, May 12, 2006

Thursday conversations

Well, seems Thursday is turning into a night to have discussions.

Last night I went out with Brian and Al, and we ended up discussing a great many things. Mostly why things in the "group" have disintegrated so badly, and what, if anything, should be done about it.

My main point was that nothing really should be done. People, and friends, and groups of friends change over time. It's a natural process, and there is nothing wrong with it.

That's not really I think what Al wanted to hear, but he was at least listening to what I was saying for the most part. He expressed some dissatisfaction with his own life, and I challenged him to change it. We'll see what he decides to do.

The night was fine up until the end. The conversation got pretty heated regarding a certain member of the group. Brian and I somewhat teamed up regarding this. Factor in like 6 pitchers of beer, and things got a little ugly. Al ended up walking out. That was pretty much the end of the night.

I got a text message apologizing for walking out last night, which was a promising sign I think.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm assuming i know who heated the conversation up... glad the issue's on it's way to being worked out... at least a level of agreeing to disagree.

funny that thursdays are your big convo nights!

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»