Friday, January 05, 2007

Resolutions

So, it’s time to put them all down here for the record. Here are the things that I am going to start doing this year, starting on Monday of next week.  (I always give myself a week to get over the holiday hangovers)

 

These are listed in no particular order, and these aren’t all of my resolutions, just the more major ones.

 

Every morning, I will do 50 pushups and 50 crunches to start getting into better shape than I am now.

 

3 times a week outside of class, I will do at least 20 minutes of stretching to increase my flexibility.

 

I will take at least 3 more tests for certifications this year.

 

To accomplish this last one, I will spend at least 30 minutes a night studying, in addition to whatever I can get in during the day at work.

 

I will spend at least 15 minutes a night meditating.

 

I will spend less time worrying about myself, and more time being good to friends, family, and most importantly, Jen.

 

I will again take up a musical instrument, possibly piano.

 

These last few are different. I hope to accomplish them, but circumstances beyond my control may not let me do them……..

 

I want to compete in an amateur mixed martial arts fight.

 

I want to finish the last 6 tests I need for my full MCSE.

 

I want to build a deck on my house.

 

 

Anyways, that’s my list. Wish me luck!

 

 

 

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I fully support everything, except the fighting!! I hate watching fights....

What about a resolution to bring me home ice cream everyday?? Now that's a challenge. :)

I like the meditation and exercising!! Great ideas!

Megs said...

Awesome goals! They all seem very doable and positive. Specifically, I want to know about the piano... as soon as I can afford one, I'm buying a keyboard. I miss playing the piano soooo much and really hope to start back up again SOON!

Oh and GOOD LUCK!!

Karen said...

geez you're going to be busy! that's an awful lot to keep track of!