Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend of 012007

It was a good weekend. I’m still good on my resolutions. I will say that I took Sunday off, mainly because my body was pretty tired. But, I got things in again this morning, so all is well.

 

My friend Rob came in from California, first time he’s been back in nearly two years. He was actually happy that he got some snow, as it’s something that he misses. I spent time with him on Saturday during the day, and again last night. Saturday night Jen and I went to a party, which was quite fun. It was nice to see all of the Fu folks in a social setting, and Jen got to hang out with the girls, which she seemed to enjoy.

 

I am tired of feeling like I am playing referee. I have two sets of friends not speaking to one another, and I feel like I am caught in the middle. I give very little advice to either side, but I listen to both and give feedback when asked. One set my role is a bit more active, but I still try not to get caught up in all of it. This weekend was bad for both sets. I can’t really get into much detail, but it’s truly annoying, especially when I feel like both sets are just being plain silly about the whole thing. In one case, there is some legitimate cause for upset, and an apology should be given.  In the other, I don’t feel like there is anything truly wrong, and one side won’t even tell the other what the problem is. Obviously nothing will ever get resolved that way, so I’m not sure what that accomplishes, but hey, what do I know?

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They have to work it out, or not, on their own. Why does it have to be resolved?

(Not knowing the details of the situation.)

Scott
---