Monday, January 08, 2007

Update and Movie Review

Well, quick update here…….

 

Hit my resolutions so far on day one. I did my pushups and crunches this morning. I’d say I’ll have a 6pack in, oh I don’t know, like 10 years J. Regardless, I got them done. I studied today at work, and I did some meditation this morning too. So good first day!!!

 

Jen and I saw Children of Men at the movies this weekend with my brother and his wife. Excellent movie overall. It would be hard to give you a synopsis without really destroying what the movie is all about, but here’s the short version:  The year is 2027, and humankind hasn’t been able to make a baby for the past 18 years. No one can figure out why, but no woman can get pregnant. All countries other than Great Britain are gone, destroyed by interior pressures. Terrorist groups run rampant. The world is NOT a nice place. But, British folks are trying to lead pretty much normal lives. They have a HUGE refugee problem. Clive Owen’s character is like most others trying to live a normal life. And then he gets caught up in something extraordinary, and there you go. The movie is pretty non-stop once you get past the first 20 or 30 minutes, and there are lots of twists and turns. There are a few pretty obvious shots are current governments, such as Britain’s Homeland Security Dept. (not nice guys), etc. Michael Caine plays this wonderful old hippy, and he’s truly good in the role. I thought it was great, and although Jen had some trouble with some of the more graphic scenes, she did say afterward that surprisingly she liked it. It’s a movie that really makes you think.

 

Other than that, it was a pretty quiet weekend!

1 comment:

Karen said...

movie sounds interesting. I'll wait for hte danbarry to get it in!