Thursday, March 16, 2006

B-Ball Tourney

Well, it's that time of the year again.

I have 3 requirements for a good tourney.

1) Duke MUST LOSE. Every year. Period.

2) Kentucky MUST LOSE. Horribly, preferably to a lower seed that embarrasses them. Besides the fact I've ALWAYS hated them, they are the favorite team of my bitch of an ex-wife. I loved rooting against her EVERY YEAR. I will always hate Kentucky. Any state that has a postal abbreviation that spells the name of a lubricant, well that just tells you a lot about that state, doesn't it.

3) Arizona, my alma mater, must win win win! They always play hard, and Lute Olson is one of the best coaches in the game today. I love to watch them play, and this is the only time of the year I can watch them earlier than 10:30PM tip off.

Crowning moment of glory for me was the 1997 tournament. Arizona, the heavy underdog, beat Kentucky in the finals. Not only did my ex-wife NEVER live that one down, her family didn't either. The next day, I had to go to one of her family gathering, and I wore all of my Arizona gear. I almost got lynched, and it was worth EVERY glare!!!!

No comments: