Friday, March 03, 2006

Sleep

I'm having a hard time sleeping again. This time not only am I having trouble falling asleep, I'm having trouble staying asleep. Last night is a perfect example. I was really tired when I got home, so I did what I needed to do, then decided to try go to sleep early. I went to bed at 9:30PM, intending to read a chapter in my book and go to sleep.

I read that chapter, turned the light off, tried to sleep. No luck, completely wired. I tossed and turned, tried relaxation excersises, whatever. I FINALLY drifted off to sleep at 1:30AM.


At 5:45AM I woke up, completely awake. Tried going back to sleep, that wasn't happening. So I showered, dressed, and came into work. I got some stuff done at least, but still.


Why is it really starting to seem that as I age I need less and less sleep? Before the divorce I had no problem sleeping until 11AM or later on weekends. Especially if I was partying the night before. Now it's 7:30 or 8AM that I can't sleep past, even if I don't get home until 3:30 or 4AM, as I've done the past 3 weekends.


The stupid thing is that I have more energy now than I have in a very long time. How weird is that? Maybe I just need a good woman to keep me in bed in the mornings, maybe that'll do it...........

1 comment:

Karen said...

i guess the main thing is are you tired through the day or is your body truly gettign all the sleep it needs? I love sleeping and can not imagine wanting to come to work as an alternative to lounging around the house!