Monday, March 06, 2006

Whew

Long day. Up late last night working until midnight, then worked a very full day today. Some of it outside in the lovely 40's and damp weather today. It was a neat project, but I just wasn't ready for that today. Went to class, of course, afterwards so pretty tired.

I have a few things to think about. I got to work last night with Jeff, and we talked about some things. We had a decent discussion, though the work at hand did keep it from being overlong.

They are very happy with what I've done so far, and they want to make sure that I'm happy as well. And it really feels genuine, which is a switch from what I've come to expect really. To that effect, it looks like they are going to give me all the days off I've asked about for China. And that's without my urging, just with an explanation that I felt like this would be a once in a lifetime trip for me. I even offered to take time off without pay if it was better for the company.

So I get to go to Florida with my family for a week in April.

Then I get to go to China June 1st through 12th. (Assuming passports work out and the like of course)

I'm still holding my breath, waiting for something to go wrong................

1 comment:

Karen said...

quit expecting something to go wrong!! you'll ruin hte excitement of things going right with that looming shadow and distraction of concern!

hooray for going to china- that's wonderful!!