Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Holy Cow

I’m not sure I’ve ever been more tired. It’s extraordinarily difficult to get around with crutches, and I’m wearing out after only 2.5 days this week. I feel like I could sleep a week right now.

 

My shoulders are like iron from so much work, and they hurt. Under my arms is raw from the crutches. My good leg is sore from supporting most of my weight. My bad leg is sore in the hip and knee, and since I can’t take pain meds while working, the foot is like having a fire attached to my ankle permanently.

 

But you know what? I think I prefer this to last week not being able to do anything. I think would be alright if I could learn NOT to try to move at 900mph in everything I do.

2 comments:

Viki said...

So, I should check your blog more often - I had no idea you had surgery. I'd like to concur that washing your ass is extremely difficult when you're only allowed to put weight on one foot, and the challenge only becomes greater when you have a cast on your foot that you can't get wet.

Have you tried a ghetto plastic lawn chair in your shower? That works well for me. If you have the issue of not being able to get your leg wet, a big garbage bag, such as a Hefty Cinch Sack, works well, with a washcloth or small towel stuck in around the top for extra insurance after you tie it up.

Get better!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Thank you very much!

I have a nice shower bench now that my parents were kind enough to purchase for me. Since it's pretty much just the foot for me that I can't get wet, I've found that the gallon size Ziploc bags are great. I seal them as much as possible, and then I tape it up with athletic tape. That does a wonderful job keeping the foot dry!

I started with the garbage bag last week though! Great minds think alike ;).