Thursday, March 02, 2006

Grateful

What an interesting night it has been.

I went to BW3's after class tonight to hang out with everyone. The conversation turned pretty serious, talking about religion and personal stuff pretty quickly. I made the point that I really try to live my life in a good way, treating other people the way that I want to be treated, even if it sucks to do it or whatever. I didn't feel this was necessarily religious or anything, but simply the way I try to live my life. I made the point that if I have made even one person's life better or easier in some way, then I feel like I've accomplished something.

In front of 6 other people, I had a friend (Brian) stand up and tell people that I am the only person he knows that has done something good or right even when I knew it would hurt me (or my marriage) in the process. He can't possibly know how much it means to me to know that someone recognizes that.

The fact that this was in front of a group of people that I am just getting to know means a lot. I feel like all the heartache and trouble I've been through means something. For someone searching for some meaning in their life, this is a gift beyond words to describe it.

It was all I could do not to cry honestly. I've made a difference somewhere, and someone noticed.

1 comment:

Karen said...

that totally rocks. Hooray for Brian! what a good feeling.

i wish the love interest was there to hear it....